Tuesday, January 28, 2014

2 More Penny Pinafores

 I am really enjoying the Penny Pinafore pattern!  This time I made a tunic top for myself.  I purchased these knits from Girl Charlee fabrics.  I noticed the retro flower print a while ago and knew that I wanted to make something with it and this was the perfect pattern choice.






I definitely wanted another dress length too.  Actually, the mini is just above the knee for me since I am 5' 1".

The next Penny I make, I will trace it onto my Swedish Tracing paper.  It is a "keeper!"


It was my son's turn for sewing, so I made him his favorite Imke hoodie shirt by Farbenmix.  I love the Gothic Crosses fabric, which was also a Girl Charlee purchase.



Tomorrow I need to focus on some hand embroidery.  I'm still working on my son's Ships Quilt, and it is taking me a long time.  I need to put it on my sewing rotation...an outfit, a ship, an outfit, a ship! Otherwise it will take me years to complete!

Thanks for stopping by ~ Shirley


8 comments:

  1. I love the retro flower center panel - great fabrics for that one! And the hoodie shirt is great too - why not use a favorite pattern and switch up the fabrics? (That reminds me my boys have been getting the short end of the stick lately...)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Joy! I have made my son so many of those hooded shirts that I have lost count now! I hope I can figure out how to enlarge the pattern, because he is on the last size.

      Delete
  2. I love the floral print too. :) this pattern looks so great on you. (and boy are you petite! lol) I'm glad you are able to make it a fav. The hoodie is awesome and I should really make my son some stuff - he also gets the short end. Good luck on the quilt!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Kristin! I am kind of short (ha ha!). One of my girls is really petite--still in a size 128 and 10 years old. My other daughter is in a 128 for the waist, but I have to use the 140 length. I think she might end up towering over the rest of us. My son doesn't like that idea though. LOL

      Delete
  3. The floral top looks stunning!!! Really suits you. Quilting definitely takes longer than clothes sewing, doesn't it. Looking forward to seeing it finished.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Pam! Using florals always makes me nervous. I like them on other people but don't know if I can pull them off myself. Thank you for the compliment!

      Delete
  4. Yep, that pattern is definitely a keeper! Both versions are great!

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments!