Thursday, April 23, 2015

Lady Skater Dress

Kitschy Coo Lady Skater
Size 3
Shortened lengthy by 2 inches
Swayback adjustment of 1/2 inch


I can't believe it has taken me so long to make this dress!  I had such a difficult time deciding on my fabric choice; I chose a bold floral.  

I followed the pattern recommendation of making a muslin of the bodice only.  I discovered that I needed a swayback adjustment.  Kitschy Coo has fitting and adjustment directions with photos on their blog--so helpful!  This is the first time I have ever attempted a swayback adjustment and it was very simple for this dress.


I like how fitted the bodice is.




 Nice movement with the skirt.


This is such a great dress to add to your wardrobe.  It is very quick to sew.  The instructions are some of the best I have seen for a knit project.  I will definitely be making more for summer.

Fabric:  Soft jersey knit floral red/yellow/white $6.98 a yard from Fabric.com

Thanks for stopping by ~ Shirley


9 comments:

  1. LOVE your skater Shirley! This is gorgeous on you!! You look so happy/healthy too :) The bold floral was a great choice. Now you will get addicted to making these up ;-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Kristin! I definitely want to make more. I cannot believe how quick and easy this was to make. It was really fun to make too. I wish I could have done contrast bands like you did on yours, but I didn't have any fabric that would match.

      Delete
    2. Mine don't match exactly, lol. but don't tell anyone ;-)
      These are just so comfy to wear around the house too. And I'm sure my husband would rather see me in this than the usual yoga pants and tee, hahahaha!

      Delete
  2. Very pretty! I printed this pattern out a while ago but have yet to make it. Love your photos, too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Liza Jane! I printed this pattern out a long time ago but it just sat. I'm so glad I finally made it up. You will be amazed at how easy it is to throw together! My son took these pictures of me out on a farm road where we live.

      Delete
  3. How cute!! And yay for green grass again!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Kelly! Hey, are you back now? I was thinking about you the other day! I love all this green. I was running on the farm road the other day and realized how beautiful it would be to get that in the background instead of the "wall." ha ha

      Delete
  4. A perfect fit, Shirley and a beautiful dress. Great photos!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Pam! I love how green it is here in Germany now. Just gorgeous. Now I can move away from the white wall ha ha. It is a further walk, so the kids might be a little more resistant at times. I might have to start paying them photographer fees! LOL

      Delete

Thank you so much for visiting my blog! Your comments are enjoyed and very much appreciated!