Friday, January 20, 2017

The Aldaia Dress

Pauline Alice Aldaia Dress

View B with longer sleeves
Size 38 Bodice with 40 Skirt
Fabric:  Nicole Miller



I have found a new pattern that I love!  There are 3 dress versions, all equally as beautiful.  I am not a big fan of PDF patterns; however, this one went together pretty easy.  I love how each bodice, sleeve, and skirt is a separate file so you can pick and choose what to print.  To me, this makes it so much easier to assemble the pattern since the entire dress isn't printed and taped together in one massive sheet.  Smaller sections helped my sanity and saved me some paper and tape.  Also, being able to pick and choose between 3 bodices, 3 sleeves, and 3 skirts, you can create many different looks.


I like the side slits.  Since I shorted the skirt pattern by 3.25 inches, I just picked a spot to take the split up to, not even measuring to see what the actual pattern placed it at.  I found the slits to be a little pesky to hem since my fabric is stretchy.  To make it easier on myself, I cut a thin strip of knit interfacing to stabilize them.  The bottom hem I was able to use my covers stitch machine without any problem.



The back skirt and back bodice pieces both have two darts at the waistline.  It's nearly impossible to see them because of my fabric print.  The darts allow for some nice shaping at the waistline and a swayback adjustment wasn't needed.



I love the modest wrap of the front bodice!  It is so hard to find a wrap top or dress that is high enough or won't gap open dare you move or bend over.  The last thing I want to have to do after I have made something is to add a pin or a snap to keep it closed.



For my next make, I'll be making View C of this pattern!

Thanks for stopping by ~ Shirley

7 comments:

  1. It's so nice and gorgeous! I really love it.
    Is that this pattern?(http://www.paulinealicepatterns.com/aldaia-dress) I didn't know that pattern company. Thank you for sharing, Shirley:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Yes, that is the correct website. This pattern company is new to me as well. I am really happy with this pattern. I cut out View C yesterday and will be sewing it up soon.

      Delete
  2. What a great dress! The print is awesome, like a galaxy... I love it :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I bought the fabric a while ago but then had the hardest time figuring out what dress to make with it. It's so hard sometimes to go ahead and cut into something that you have been saving.

      Delete
  3. Such a lovely Aldaia dress Shirley!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! I'm so flattered that you have seen my dress from your lovely pattern and that you took the time to comment here letting me know! You have made my day.

      Delete
  4. Wow! this is so stunning! I know you probably showed me it before but I came on your blog today and I said "wow" out-loud even! Perfect fabric, perfect fit!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting my blog! Your comments are enjoyed and very much appreciated!