Friday, April 14, 2017

Another Aldaia Dress

Pauline Alice Aldaia Dress


I made this dress before here and here.  This time I used the bodice from view B with sleeves and skirt from View C.  This dress pattern is awesome.  With the many combinations between the 3 views (I still have yet to make view A), and different fabric choices, you can fill your closet with this one dress pattern.  I know I will...especially since I have my size and fit figured out and the pattern is just sitting and ready to go!


My fabric is Telio Venice stretch ITY knit from Fabric.com.  When I looked up to see what it was I bought, I noticed there is also this same print in Denim color.  I think I will have to buy that one too.  To me, this fabric gives the dress a retro look, which I love.  The print is textured.


I haven't made view A of this pattern yet because I am totally in love with this wrap style bodice.  If I make another one this summer, I have to admit it will probably be this combination of pattern pieces.


No swayback needed for me since there are two darts at the bottom bodice back.

I've been making some great progress on my son's American Ships Quilt!  I still have a ways to go, but I am nearly finished with embroidering the ships.  I have about 5 to go, as well as some embroidered accent squares.  It has been a work in progress for years

Thanks for stopping by ~ Shirley

10 comments:

  1. This dress looks great on you! You have nailed the fit for sure! I'm going to have to hunt this pattern down.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Nancy! This is rapidly becoming my favorite dress pattern.

      Delete
  2. The dress is lovely on you Shirley and it fits so well. I like that fabric a lot! Telio seems like good brand. I've always been curious about Pauline Alice. I trust your opinion so maybe I will buy one!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Justine! I have been really happy with my Telio fabric purchases. It seems to be a really good quality fabric. It is definitely a well-drafted dress pattern. I like how each piece is a separate file to print so you don't have to print everything all at once. PDFs can really eat up your ink. I recently bought another Pauline Alice pattern, a shirt, that I hope to sew up soon.

      Delete
  3. What a gorgeous dress! I'm always dreaming about wrap dresses, they all look different, and I think yours is beautiful. I love the fabric too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Anna! I love this wrap bodice because it is very modest and doesn't gap. I am even wearing a full coverage bra beneath and it is still covered.

      Delete
  4. Looking good, Shirley. I am in awe of the amount of garment sewing you successfully undertake.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Pam! I think I have more or less given up on a large portion of woven sewing though. Try as I might, I have made several (or attempted) that just don't fit right. I have decided that there is no shame in just sticking to what I do best and what is most enjoyable.

      Delete
  5. I remember all of these dresses, LOVE the new version too. I agree with Justine, it looks fit and great on you. You should make 27 options, ha ha:D I consider to purchase that pattern. Thank you for sharing, Shirley!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Yes, I think I will make many more!! Sometimes I feel like I should try all these different patterns but then it is so much work to get a good fit with an untried pattern. So, I'm thinking stick with what works at least for a while. It is a nice break to just have a pattern ready to go and know that it will work every time.

      Delete

Thank you so much for visiting my blog! Your comments are enjoyed and very much appreciated!