Tuesday, April 25, 2017

Jalie Bella Dress

Jalie 3460
Bella Fit and Flare Dress
Size T



Yes, I'm sewing up knits still!  Ever since I saw the Jalie Bella dress, I knew that I would eventually have to buy the pattern for myself.  One of my girls has already asked for this dress as well.  I wish all pattern companies had such a wide range of sizes, fitting the ever so tiny tot to full size women.  My girls will be 14 this year, so they are about to fit into the XXS and XS sizes of some of these Indie patterns out there too. 


As you have probably noticed, I lowered the neckline.  I don't like too high of a neckline, nor too low of one.  I used the back pattern piece for maintaining the curve, just eyeing it and bringing it down a couple of inches.  I still wanted the backside to be lower than the front.


Isn't that flare great?!  For the life of me I couldn't visualize how that would work by looking at the flared pattern pieces.  I was totally scratching my head trying to figure out where to shorten this dress for me.  Do I need to shorten an inch in the torso?  Maybe shorten the torso and skirt both?  Finally after a day of tormenting myself with my back and forth thoughts, I decided to just play it safe and shorten the skirt area.  Otherwise, I might mess up by not having enough width to cover my lower waist fullness.  LOL  I measured up 5 inches from the bottom edge of the skirt and used this point to draw a line to shorten by 3 inches.


 I made it from DBP from knitpop which feels delightfully soft on.


Thanks for stopping by ~ Shirley

12 comments:

  1. So cute! I love that pretty floral print, and the pink is lovely on you :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Carolyn! I honestly thought I may have made a mistake with my color choice. I was afraid it might be too pale for my complexion. It makes me happy that you like the color on me. :)

      Delete
  2. Wow! Cute! Very comfortable-looking. Your dress is perfection and you look so great on it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Eli cat! It's a new color for me to try, so it's nice to break out of my routine a little, trying something new!

      Delete
  3. Very flattering - looks great on you, Shirley.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You're dress is gorgeous - it just screams spring! The fit and cut is absolutely lovely, as is your fabric choice.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I really need to make another one. It is so comfortable to wear.

      Delete
  5. Replies
    1. Thank you! I really like it and thinking maybe I should make one more!

      Delete
  6. Beautiful work! It's a dress that sings, "Take me dancing!"

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting my blog! Your comments are enjoyed and very much appreciated!