Sunday, July 9, 2017

The Delila Top

Angela Wolf Pattern
Delila Top
Size S
Fabric:  Rayon Spandex Jersey Knit from Joann's Fabrics


I made a new top....finally!  I have been so busy this summer that I have hardly had any time to sew.  I had to take a little break too in order to get my tendinitis in my right wrist to heal.  It's slow going with the healing, but I'm noticing definite improvement now.  Anyway, I've made a new top!


First off, I decided to use dye remover.  I cut out my shirt and then basted my seams together, leaving off the neckband so it would remain a solid red color.  Next I used 6 rubber bands to bind small and large areas of my shirt.  I got the idea from one of Angela Wolf's video's on FaceBook.  She is doing a sew-a-long right now for her jeans too if you are interested!

  

So now about the pattern.  I really like it.  My bust and hip measurements fell into the size small.  My waist fell into the XS size, but I didn't want to adjust the pattern any and I'm glad I didn't; it's so nice and drapey.  I considered adjusting the length of the pattern since I'm short waisted, but decided to leave it long so it could blouse a lot.  The bottom of the hem fits snugly, which I love too.  The neckband is sewn where it wraps around like binding and has a very nice and even finish.


You don't have to put in the shoulder slits if you don't want to.  It takes a little more time, but it's nice having some skin peak through.  The seam allowance edges of my slits are sewn down with my cover stitch machine.


I think this top looks fabulous with jeans and I will definitely be making more.  I will probably live in several during the winter time too.  I'm already feeling anxious to make one with long sleeves.


Thanks for stopping by ~ Shirley

10 comments:

  1. It looks lovely! The fabric is brilliant, and fits the style of the top perfectly.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You look so cute Shirley! I love the dye job! The fit looks great too. I haven't seen a stitch in over a month so yay for you to make something! Hope your hand feels better,too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Justine! It's hard not sewing and I haven't been exercising--two of my stress releasers. This summer has been crazy busy because one of my girls made the Freshman cheer squad, so practice twice a week and other activities. This summer has been far busier than when school is in.

      Delete
  3. HOw cute! I am glad to see your new project. I LOVE this top:D It's so beautiful colour, and fun to wear! It's a perfect job.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I'm really anxious to work more with dye remover now. It's exciting to see it come out of the dryer...kind of like a nice little surprise before you sew!

      Delete
  4. Looking good, Shirley! You are right, the top goes perfectly with jeans. Great job with the dye - totally makes the top.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Pam! It was really fun to try something new. Something a little more on the crafty side of things.

      Delete
  5. I love your artwork and follow you pots this very minute!
    ทองดีฟันขาว

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you! I'm just learning to work with fabric dye, but it is a lot of fun.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting my blog! Your comments are enjoyed and very much appreciated!