Sunday, August 13, 2017

Hello Charlie!

Jalie Charlie Bomber Jacket
Size Q


It all started last week while shopping for back-to-school clothes.  The stores are full of bomber jackets right now.  My daughter wanted one, but specifically in cheetah print!  

Oh my, would we even find one and one that she would like?  

I immediately told her about Jalie's bomber jacket pattern and this way she could choose her own fabric!  Plus, I get to buy a new pattern.  I love any excuse to buy a new pattern of course.  I knew this would be a win/win situation for both of us.


Before I bought the pattern, I noticed that Jalie had a video tutorial.  It is so well done that you can follow along with it instead of referring to the instructions, which is pretty much what I did. 



Look at that pocket!!  It is genius how this goes together and so simple to do, really.  


I bought this cheetah quilted knit from Fabric.com, as well as the solid black ponte knit.  Joann's Fabric store had the black rib knit for the waistband, cuffs, and collar.


I lined it too...with cheetah print!  My daughter spotted this lining at Joann's before we even bought the other fabrics we would need.

This jacket is quick to make and the only difficulty I had with it was the top of the zipper where it meets the collar.  I bought some zipper stops, but they were too small to use with my zipper, so that was one snag I hit.  Then I decided to just sew a tight zig zag stitch at the top for my own stop which worked fine.  But I still seemed to have trouble lining up the collar at the right point on the zipper.  I think it's just a learning curve.  This was the first one for me, so hopefully the next time it will go much smoother.



We're both excited how this jacket turned out.  I can't wait to make myself one now.

Thanks for stopping by ~ Shirley

8 comments:

  1. She's so chic, Shirley! The jacket is perfect and I like the whole outfit!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Justine! She loves to wear black...me too. It's definitely something I gravitate towards during winter months.

      Delete
  2. A perfect example of why we sew rather than buy clothes! I doubt you would have ever found a just as perfect jacket in a shop.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! And if we did find one, I'm sure I made it cheaper than it would have cost too!

      Delete
  3. Amazing! It's so cool! I am considering making a bomber jacket. I am glad that I read your review before making mine🌟 Thank you!
    I thought your daughter was a still child, but growing up so fast😺

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I recommend this pattern--it is pretty easy to do. My girls are turning 14 this month! Now all 3 of my children are in high school. Time is passing so quickly. They aren't so little anymore, but they still want me to sew for them.

      Delete
  4. I love your artwork and follow you pots this very minute!
    ทองดีฟันขาว

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting my blog! Your comments are enjoyed and very much appreciated!