Monday, September 11, 2017

Jade Skirt with Ruched-T Knit Shirt

Paprika Jade Skirt &
Angela Wolf Ruched-T


It's not cold, I know!  However, I'm feeling done with this heat, so I'm sewing up some winter clothing in anticipation.

I made the Jade skirt once before here (it will be at the bottom of that blog post), but I didn't say much about it.  I loved wearing it last winter.  The folds make it look so unique and they aren't hard to do.  Paprika has a video demonstrating how to make them.  The trickiest part is probably getting your lining sewn to the skirt front and securing those folds by sewing underneath them, attaching it to the lining.  Somehow, and I did this the last time too, I ended up with about a 1/2 inch difference between my shell top and my lining top when all was done.  I am clearly doing something wrong, but it is still within the 5/8" seam allowance when attaching the waistband and no one is the wiser....except all who read this. ha ha



It's a mini, but the other length would most likely be too long for my liking with my short legs.  I wouldn't wear a mini this "mini" without my leggings though.  At 49, my bare-legged-mini-days are over.  LOL



There is a zipper option for this skirt, but so far I haven't tried it.  I tend to go first for the quick and easy sew.



Here is my Ruched-T again, but paired with jeans.  I bought the pattern about a month ago after sewing up Angela's Delila pattern, which I love.  The Ruched-T is another great pattern with 3 options for the sleeve length,  3 neckband options, and different areas of ruching.  You could also just sew it up as a plain T without any ruching, but you would need to trim the hem.  Angela has a video demonstrating how she ruches the top using twill tape.  It is simple to do.



It's really hard to see with my black fabric, but my neckband is "twisted."  You can also just make it without a twisted look if you prefer.  Also, my sleeves are ruched too! 

In these bottom pictures, I'm wearing my top with my Angel bootcut jeans.

Shirt made with black rayon/spandex knit.
Skirt made with red ponte knit.

Thanks for stopping by ~ Shirley




6 comments:

  1. I like the ruching and the folds. I have a feeling those folds would be really hard, though! But I love that look. Those jeans look fantastic! I should try an Angela Wolf pattern and I've never heard of Paprika. Thanks for the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks! I definitely did better with my folds on this skirt than with my gray one; I didn't even notice until I pulled it out of the closet and compared the too. Makes me wonder what else I've made that I thought I did well and didn't. ha ha

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's a lovely style! The skirt really goes well with these boots. I wouldn't have thought the twisted neck band, but it's so cute! Also I have been loving your jeans too. I will purchase it:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I really love wearing boots, but most I can't wear here in Oklahoma because it doesn't get very cold. :( I hope you like the jeans pattern--it is such a great fit!

      Delete
  4. Both are lovely, and look great together! Winter is creeping up after all.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I had my girls help me coordinate which leggings and shoes. Oh the eye rolls ha ha. I'm glad I have teenagers to keep me in style.

      Delete

Thank you so much for visiting my blog! Your comments are enjoyed and very much appreciated!