Monday, November 6, 2017

Christmas Portlanders

 New Horizon Designs
Portlander Pants


I made some Christmas lounge pants!  I'm not usually wearing Christmas print early November, but Joann's had this Nutcracker Doodle knit Christmas fabric and I took the last piece on the bolt.


I have been loving all the great Portlander pants everyone is making and finally decided to make a pair for myself.  I'm definitely not impulsive when it comes to buying a new pattern (unless on sale), but since the smallest size (XXS) will fit my girls, it was the final push I needed.  I'm glad I did--the fit is great!  The only alteration I needed was to shorten by 2 inches below the knee.


I used a rib knit for the waistband.  I think CL would have been better, but I couldn't find any at my local Joann's that would match.  I searched through my dwindling fabric stash and found this piece which matched close enough.  I am pleasantly surprised at how well the waistband fits since there isn't any need for elastic.  I like using the fabric for the drawstring and will probably do this for some hooded shirts in the future.

My shirt is a Jalie Dolman made from rayon jersey knit.  It really is my go-to-shirt when I need a simple top to match something.

I have something exciting to share....I got a new cover stitch machine!!  It is the Brother CV3550.  I haven't had a chance to sew with it yet.  Today I unpacked it from the box and watched the DVD that came with it.  I'm so excited just knowing it is in my sewing room waiting for me!

Thanks for stopping by ~ Shirley

4 comments:

  1. What a cute pants Shirley! Christmas lounge pants? That's the first time I've heard that. However, it sounds fun(’-’*)♪ I love the effect of the rib knit used. I would love to see your girls' pants too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I'd love to see my girls' pants too! ha ha Teenagers!! They said they will wear them in December. I guess I'm feeling the holiday spirit a little early this year!

      Delete
  2. I love these! They are so festive and fun. By making them early at least you’ll get a lot of wear out of them!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Yes, early is good for me because I love Christmas!

      Delete

Thank you so much for visiting my blog! Your comments are enjoyed and very much appreciated!